DA and Logan: Spat The Movies - Man Of Steel
Also: DA and I crack me the fuck up.
DA & LOGAN: SPAT THE MOVIES – Man of Steel Review (Spoilers)
At long last! DA and Logan’s first official movie review! (Done with state of the art texting technology!)
The Woman In The Shop: Susan Foreman
As I stated previously here: http://daofblackrock.tumblr.com/post/46857508635/the-woman-in-the-shop
With the lastest episode The Rings of Akaten, I no longer feel that I am going out on a limb for the return of the Doctor’s granddaugher Susan Foreman as played by Carol Ann Ford but firmly believe that Steven Moffat is bringing her back as the mysteriously mentioned “Woman In The Shop” who gave Clara Oswin Oswald the Doctor’s number to the Tardis. Steven Moffat is setting us up.
• For the first time in the new series, The Doctor directly acknowledges that he had a granddaughter.
• The theme of the show was centered around the appeasing the angry god whose name is a translation for “Grandfather.” The way Matt Smith played this moment with a sense of reflection that he too is a grandfather.
• The showdown at the end is Grandfather to Grandfather.
• As the Doctor slumps to the ground in tears he says something like “I Loved you.” Or “ I love you.” What he said seemed somewhat obscured by the sound mixing but he certainly said something to the sense of I loved you.
• Interesting to guess who the Doctor might say “I loved you” or “I love you” to. You could easily guess Rose. However, if Susan is the Doctor’s granddaughter than who was the Doctor’s first wife and how many kids did he have and who ended up giving birth to Susan?
• If anyone remembers or has done their homework, The First Doctor (William Hartnall) locked his Granddaugher out of the Tardis so that she could have a life of her own and be with the man she loved. Susan is shocked to be locked out and pleads for the Doctor not to leave her. The Doctor gives his farewell speech from behind the the closed doors of the Tardis.
• Susan last showed up in the The Five Doctors with no mention of her what her life has been like. Although she has been the subject of many audio stories of which it’s place in cannon has never been made clear by the BBC.
“6] In 2005’s “The End of the World" the Ninth Doctor states that his home world has been destroyed and that he is the last of the Time Lords. Although Susan is not mentioned by name, the Doctor says in “Father’s Day" that his "whole family" died, and in “The Empty Child" a character remarks he has been a father and grandfather, but no more, and the Ninth Doctor replies "I know the feeling." In the 2013 episode “The Rings of Akhaten”, the Eleventh Doctor mentions that he travelled with his granddaughter to the planet Akhaten.”
• Susan Forman’s birth name is Arkytior which is High Gallifreyan for “Rose.”
I’m gonna go out on a limb here: I think that the “Woman in the shop” will turn out to be none other than the Doctor’s very first companion and granddaughter Susan Foreman as played by Carol Ann Ford.
A reunion between The Doctor and Susan would be the only proper way of celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who without resurrecting all 11 Doctors.
With the reoccurring theme of the Doctor being sad about the loss of his past companions, I think he desperately needs to see his granddaughter more than he knows.
If anybody had that phone number to give out it would be Susan.
Bonus: Susan Foreman’s real name is Arkytior which is High Gallifreyan for “Rose.”